Bill Reddy, MS, L.Ac.
Bill began his career as an Aerospace Engineer, flight testing
helicopters with the US Navy, putting satellites in space with
the US Air Force Space Test Program, and writing the Test and
Evaluation Master Plan for the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) program.
He continued his education pursuing masters degrees in Robotics
and Systems Engineering at Florida Institute of Technology and
George Mason University, respectively.
All that came to an abrupt halt when he was misdiagnosed with a brain tumor. Bill decided to re-evaluate his life, and came to the realization that studying acupuncture and Oriental medicine was the correct path, studying under professors and graduates of Beijing and Shanghai medical schools. Since that time, he has been working on bridging the gap between acupuncturists and physicians, and pioneering integrative health across the nation.
Bill has served on the Executive Committee of the Integrative Health Policy Consortium (www.IHPC.org) for eight years and has been co-Chair of the Federal Policy Committee for the past five and currently co-chairs the Education Committee. He has also held the following positions:
- Professor, Virginia University of Oriental Medicine
- Clinical Supervisor, South Baylo University
- Editor, Meridians: The Journal of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Editor, American Academy of Medical Acupuncture Journal
- Editor, Integrative Practitioner
- Editor, Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine
- Vice President, American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Director, Friends of Acupuncture
- Editor, American Acupuncturist Journal
- Director, Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Alliance
- President, Acupuncture Society of Virginia
- Director, Maryland Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Aerospace Engineer, Space Test Program
- Systems Engineer, Sverdrup
- Aerospace Engineer, ANSER
- Aerospace Engineer, Naval Air Warfare Center, Aircraft Division
He has presented at national conferences such as the Integrative Healthcare Symposium, the Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine, the International Congress of Integrative Medicine and Health and the American Traditional Chinese Medicine Association, and is the author of over 100 publications. Below are organizations he has worked with to promote their professions' inclusion in US healthcare.